Arts Management Internship Opportunity
Arts Management Internship Job Description
Click here for a PDF version of this announcement.
This internship has two critical components: fundraising research and tracking, and audience and member development. Each component has specific tasks, as well as several projects that encompass both areas. Candidates must come into the position with a reasonable level of experience, and will work to develop additional skills that will strengthen their arts administration portfolio. Guidance will be provided by members of the Calliope Board of Directors and leaders within the membership.
Tasks and Timetable
Benefit Concert and Tenth Anniversary Management
- Promote February 2017 Sacred Threads Benefit concert, via multiple marketing channels, including social media, press, community outreach in the geographic location of the performance, and through Calliope’s current audience.
- Assist with engaging potential new members/musicians and audience/supporters via this important event.
- Work closely with Artistic Director and operations teams to insure successful promotion and presentation.
Fundraising Research and Tracking
- Research potential grants with foundations and government agencies; create and maintain collective database of sources; assist with grant applications and reports; edit and proofread proposal narratives and financial data, follow up on submitted applications and track outcome including reporting requirements for funders.
- Research potential community partnerships and sponsorships; create and maintain collective database of sources; contact sources and prepare/provide materials needed to secure relationship and funding.
- Continue to seek out new funding opportunities.
- Work closely with Artistic Director and operations teams to complete tasks and secure new business relationships.
- Ability to work independently as a proactive self-starter
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Highly attentive to detail with very strong organizational skills
- Previous database experience
- Comfort level with on-line research and seeking out non-traditional avenues
- Ability to interact with the public and in the business community as a professional representative of Calliope
- Proficiency with Microsoft products (Word, Excel), and with various social media sites
Ten to twelve week minimum, 10-20 hours per week (flexible schedule, to include necessary email, phone, and in-person meetings with key personnel)
For more information, or to submit an application, send an email to email@example.com or call 617-759-2057